Marketing - Toronto, Ontario
Kepler is changing the face of satellite communications by launching a constellation of telecommunication nanosatellites! With the recent success of our Series A funding, a handful of early customers, and our first satellite in orbit, Kepler is currently doubling in size!
Kepler is looking for a talented and creative Graphic Designer with UI/UX experience.
This role will support both our marketing and brand development efforts as well as lead the charge in the development of the user interface for our expanding suit of solutions.
On the marketing and brand development side, you will have overall responsibility for creating appealing and effective visuals for web, digital, and print media as well as marketing collateral for the Kepler brands. On the user interface side, you will create compelling and user-friendly interfaces for both online/SaaS and software portions of our solution. You will also be responsible for maintaining, updating and optimizing our website.
This position will primarily be responsible for:
- Design brand identity style guide and ensure all marketing material adheres to all corporate brand guidelines and design standards
- Develop and creatively evolve graphics for media assets including sales brochures, whitepapers, infographics, banners, print and online ad campaigns, visuals for social media and videos with the guidance of the Marketing Department
- Work with existing website to maintain and optimize design and user experience for multiple devices and screen sizes
- Execute all web design projects including landing pages, and microsites
- Develop creative to support website content, including blog posts, home page sliders, animations, etc.
- Develop and creatively evolve graphics for product packaging.
- Lead the development of user interfaces for Kepler’s satellite services applying UX fundamentals and leading the full design process
- Advocate for the UI design within product team
- Perform usability testing and quality control
- Review all designs individually or as a team, and give input on projects
- Contribute and provide constructive feedback on Website UI and design
- Build and maintain relationships with internal cross-functional teams (i.e. Marketing, Sales and Business Development, Engineering, etc.)
- Manage external supplier relationships
Desired Skills & Experience:
- A degree and 3 + years of graphic design experience with proven project management skills in a corporate environment
- Demonstrable UI/UX skills and experience with a strong portfolio
- Extensive corporate-level graphic design experience and proven web design abilities
- Expertise with creative design , including branding, packaging, user centered design, typography, and marketing
- Proficient of graphic design software and tools, including Adobe Creative Suite and wireframe/prototype tools
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of design principles in print, online and social media contexts
- Familiarity with production and rendering methods, including drawing, offset printing, photography, interactive media
- Excellent oral and written communication skills is a must
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability to manage complex projects
- Ability to think “outside the box” and ardent desire to innovate
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work with multidisciplinary teams
- Proven ability to undertake multiple initiatives simultaneously is highly desired
- Proactive, innovative and motivated to drive change
- Photography experience
- Skills in motion graphics and video editing
- Knowledge of Internet technology and the implications for customer experience, including cross-platform issues (Windows/Mac) and cross-browser issues
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in graphic design
Candidates are requested to please provide a link to an online portfolio when submitting your application.
If you know you're a perfect fit for the Kepler team, but none of the roles above are quite right, send your resume to email@example.com and tell us why you’re exceptional (please apply for posted roles through the appropriate link above if you wish to be considered for an open role).