Engineering - Toronto, Ontario
Kepler is changing the face of satellite communications by launching a constellation of telecommunication nanosatellites! With the recent success of our Series A funding, a handful of early customers, and our first satellite in orbit, Kepler is currently doubling in size!
We invest heavily to deliver the best products to our customers, and so we’re on the hunt for a top-tier FPGA Digital Design Engineer to develop communications protocols for our satellite constellation.
At Kepler, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a small dedicated team of engineers building the Kepler spacecraft. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of FPGA code either with a focus on DSP algorithms to modulate and demodulate signals on board our software defined radio (SDR) or embedded systems interfacing with processors and peripherals. To be effective you will need to participate in all phases of FPGA design flow (Synthesis, Place & Route, and Timing Closure). A good understanding of the intricacies of FPGA development would make a candidate standout.
Maintain and iterate on SDR FPGA code base:
- Work with IP core vendors to integrate new functional on Kepler SDR
- Design custom IP for new features of the Kepler SDR
- Iterate on current DSP and interface designs to improve reliability
Future spacecraft constellation:
- Work with lead engineers in developing communications architecture of the future satellite constellation
- Participate in conceptual design studies of new spacecraft
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- 2+ yr. experience with Verilog, System Verilog, or VHDL
- Strong scripting skills (e.g Tcl, csh/bash, Perl, Python etc.)
- Experience with FPGA tools (e.g Quartus, Vivado), HDL Simulation Tools (ModelSim)
- Exposure to timing closure techniques
- Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with hardware design of FPGA support boards
- Experience in coherent digital demodulation of waveforms such as BPSK, QPSK, QAM
- Relevant experience with hobbies or University design team
If you know you're a perfect fit for the Kepler team, but none of the roles above are quite right, send your resume to email@example.com and tell us why you’re exceptional (please apply for posted roles through the appropriate link above if you wish to be considered for an open role).