Engineering - Toronto, Ontario
Kepler is changing the face of satellite communications by launching a constellation of telecommunication nanosatellites! With the recent success of our Series A funding, a handful of early customers, and our first two satellites in orbit, Kepler is doubling in size!
We invest heavily to deliver the best products to our customers, and so we’re on the hunt for a top-tier Front-end Software Engineer who will develop an interactive web application that will control our next generation satellite constellation (our MCS – Mission Control Software). Additionally, you will develop a customer-facing UI for our Global Data Service.
- Collaborate with our internal Graphic & UI/UX Designer to plan software UI features
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders such as internal software engineering team members and our external customers and users to obtain feedback and incorporate feedback into future feature development and the UI/UX
- Design and develop well-written front-end software programs
- Write and implement standard software testing procedures
- Facilitate unit testing on software modules
- Participate in code reviews and debugging of software applications
- Continually iterate on new software features and development as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent
- 2 - 5 years of experience developing progressive front-end web apps
- Strong front-end web development skills demonstrated through sample work
- Experience with programming in: React, Node.js, AngularJS, jQuery or equivalent web framework
- Understanding of user design (UI/UX) principles
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent
- Experience with programming in Python or PHP
- Experience with back-end development
- Knowledge of networking and socket programming
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems
- Experience with relational databases, SQL and building solutions that scale
- Relevant experience with hobbies or University design team
If you know you're a perfect fit for the Kepler team, but none of the roles above are quite right, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you’re exceptional (please apply for posted roles through the appropriate link above if you wish to be considered for an open role).