Finance & Office Administrator
Operations - Toronto, Ontario
Kepler is changing the face of satellite communications by launching a constellation of telecommunication nanosatellites! With the recent success of our Series A funding, a handful of early customers, and our first two satellites in orbit, Kepler is currently doubling in size!

We invest heavily to deliver the best products to our customers, and so we’re on the hunt for a top-tier Finance & Office Administrator who will primarily be responsible for supporting bookkeeping and finance administration.

This role will be varied and will manage both routine daily office management tasks as well as new projects and initiatives related to our administrative, people & culture, finance and office management functions. 

Approximately 80% of time in this role will be spent on bookkeeping and finance administrative duties, the other approximately 20% of the time will be spent on all other office management support areas: 

Position Responsibilities: Bookkeeping & Finance Administration

  • Manage bookkeeping functions including AP, AR, journal entries etc.
  • Manage office expense management processes and adherence to policy
  • Liaise between internal finance team and external finance partners
  • Support bookkeeping and other administrative finance projects/initiatives
  • Support month-end and year-end accounting reconciliation processes
  • Support the development of various company/team budgets
  • Support continuous improvement of finance reporting and other administrative areas of our finance function 
  • Position Responsibilities: General Office Administration

  • Manage inbound and outbound shipping logistics and distribution of office mail
  • Manage office facilities projects, issues
  • Manage office improvement efforts, including coordinating with construction contractors and other vendors to manage office space build-outs etc.
  • Manage weekly office food orders
  • Manage inventory tracking and ordering of office supplies
  • Liaise with external parties like office cleaning company, building landlord etc.
  • Support administration related to onboarding of new employees
  • Support team and candidate travel arrangements
  • Lead various company-wide projects on an ad hoc basis
  • Plan and execute company wide team building and culture building events and activities 
  • Position Requirements

  • 2 – 4 years of experience in related position
  • Bookkeeping experience (AP, AR, invoice payments etc.)
  • Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
  • Experience with Dynamics NAV bookkeeping system/processes is an asset
  • Experience supporting budgeting, forecasting and financial management
  • Experience with event planning and other general office management tasks 
  • Bonus Points

  • Experience in a high-growth, fast-paced start-up environment
  • Experience supporting People & Culture (HR) programs and initiatives
  • Experience managing vendor relationships (negotiating contracts etc.) 
  • Kepler Communications Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.

    As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Kepler will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact our People & Culture team by phone at: +1 (437) 637-0031 to make your accommodation needs known and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.

    Open positions
    Engineering (1 job)
    General - All Opportunities (1 job)
    Toronto, Ontario
    Operations (1 job)
    Regulatory (1 job)
    Contact us
    Your request successfully sent

    Thank you for the request. Our manager will contact you soon.